Friday, July 6, 2007

Quran translation of Chapter 11, 12 & 13

Surah Hud

  1. · Alif Lam Ra; This is a Book, whose verses are full of wisdom, then have been detailed from One Wise Aware.
  2. · That worship not but Allah. No doubt. I am to you a warner from Him and a bearer of glad-tidings.
  3. · And that. you ask forgiveness of your Lord then repent to Him. He will give you a good pulling until an appointed term, and will cause to reach His grace to every man of grace, and if you turn your face, then I fear for you the torment of a Great Day.
  4. · Towards Allah. is your return, and He is Potent over every thing.
  5. · Listen! They fold up their breasts that they may hide from Allah. Listen! When they cover their whole body with their garments. Allah knows what they conceal and what they reveal. No doubt He is the Knower of all the thoughts within the breast.
  6. · And there is none moving on this earth, the provision of that is not upon the generous responsibility of Allah, and He knows its place of stay and the place of return. All is recorded in a clear explanatory Book.
  7. · And it is He who has created the heavens and earth in six days, and His Throne was on the water, that He might try you, as to whose work of you is best. And if you say, 'undoubtedly' you shall be raised after death,' then the infidels will surely say 'this is not but a magic manifest.'
  8. · And if We defer from them the torment for a counted period, then they would certainly say, 'what has detained it?" Listen, 'the day when it will come to them, it shall not be averted from them, and the same torment which they used to mock at shall encompass them.
  9. · And if We let man taste Our any mercy, then take it away from him, surely he is despairing, ungrateful.
  10. · And if We let him taste favour after the hardship that has reached to him, then he will surely say, the evils have gone from me.' No doubt, he is joyous, boastful.
  11. · But those who remained patient and did good deeds: for them is forgiveness and a great reward.
  12. · Then will you leave some of what is being revealed to you and straiten your breast therewith. Because they say, 'why a treasure has not been sent down with him or any angel would have come with him? You are a warner. And Allah is Guardian over every thing.
  13. · Do they say this; 'He has fabricated it?' Say you, 'Bring then ten verses the like of it. And call all those whom you can besides Allah, if you are truthful.'
  14. · Then O Muslim! If they do not respond to you' then know that it has been sent down with Allah's Knowledge and that there is no true deity save Allah, Will you then now submit?
  15. · Whoever desires the life of the world and its adornment, We will give their full fruit in it and will not lessen anything therein.
  16. · These are they for whom there is nothing in the Hereafter but Fire. And what ever they used to do there, is destroyed and all their works became void.
  17. · Is he then (like him) who is upon a bright proof from his Lord and there comes a witness on him from Allah and before it was the Book of Moses, a guide and mercy? Those believe therein, and whosoever of all parties disbelieves in it, then fire is his promised place. Then O Listener! Be not you in any doubt about it. No doubt, that is the truth from your Lord, but most people believe not.
  18. · And who is more unjust than he who forges a lie against Allah. They shall be presented before their Lord, and the witnesses will say, 'these are they who forged lie against their Lord. Behold; curse of Allah is upon the unjust.
  19. · Those who hinder from the path of Allah, and desire crookedness in it; and they are they who deny the Hereafter.
  20. · They are unable to fatigue in the earth, nor besides Allah they have any helper. They will face torment over torment. They could neither hear nor see.
  21. · These are they who put their souls in loss, and the things which, they used to fabricate have been lost from them.
  22. · Willing or not willing, it is they who are the greatest losers in the Hereafter.
  23. · No doubt those who believed, and did good deeds and turned humbly towards their Lord, they are the men of Heaven, therein they shall abide.
  24. · The condition of both parties is like one the blind and deaf and the other seeing and hearing is the case of the two alike? Do you then not take heed?
  25. · And no doubt, We sent Nuh to his people saying that I am for you a clear warner.
  26. · That worships none save Allah. Verily, I fear for you the torment of a painful day.
  27. · Then the chiefs of the unbelievers of his people spoke, 'We see you a man like us, and we see not that any one who has followed you but the meanest of us inadvertently, and we do not find in you any superiority over us; but rather we think you a liar.
  28. · He said, 'O my people! tell me, if I am on a clear proof from my Lord, and He has bestowed upon me from Himself a great mercy, then you remained blind from it. Shall we stick it to your neck while you are averse to it.'
  29. · 'And O people! I ask no wealth on it from you. My reward is only with Allah and I am not to drive away Muslims. No doubt, they are to meet their Lord, but I find you wholly ignorant people.
  30. · 'And O people! Who will save me from Allah, if I will drive away them. Do you then not take heed?
  31. · 'And I say not to you, 'I have treasures of Allah with me, and nor I get the unseen known myself and nor I say this, 'I am an angel, and nor I say those whom your eyes despise, 'Allah will never bestow any good to them.' Allah knows well what ever is in their hearts. If I do so, then surely I am of the unjust.
  32. · They said, 'O Nuh, you have disputed with us, and disputed much, then bring that which for you promise us, if you are truthful.
  33. · He said, 'Allah will bring it to you, if He pleases, and you cannot get Him tired.
  34. · And my admonition will not profit you, if I desire good to you, whilst Allah desires you to go astray. He is your Lord and to Him you shall return.
  35. · Do they say, 'He has fabricated it?' Say you, 'If I have fabricated it, then upon me is my sin and I am quit of your sins.'
  36. · And it was revealed to Nuh, 'none of your people will become Muslim but those who have already believed, grieve not then at what they do.
  37. · And built the ark before Us and with Our command, and address Me not concerning the unjust, they shall necessarily be drowned.
  38. · And Nuh builds the ark, and whenever the chief of his people passed by him, they laughed at him. He said. 'if you laugh at us, then we shall laugh at you at one time as you laugh.
  39. · Now then you shall know to whom comes the torment that may disgrace him' and comes down the torment that may be lasting.
  40. · Until, when Our Command came, and the Oven boiled, We said, 'embark in the ark a pair male and female of every kind and the members of your family except those against whom the word has already gone forth, and the rest of the Muslims.' And Muslims were not with him but a few.
  41. · And he said, 'embark therein; in the name of Allah is its moving and its berthing. No doubt, my Lord is assuredly Forgiving, Merciful.
  42. · And it is sailing with them amidst such waves as mountain. And Nuh called his son, embark with us and be not with the infidels.
  43. · He said, 'Now I take refuge of any mountain, it will save me from the water. Said he 'Today there is no protector from the torment of Allah but for him on whom He has mercy and the wave came in between the two, so he was among the drowned.
  44. · And it was commanded. 'O earth Swallow your water. And O heaven; withhold And water was dried and the affair was accomplished, and the ark settled on mountain Judi' and it was said, away be the people unjust.'
  45. · And Nuh called upon his Lord, said he, 'O my Lord my son too is of my family, and no doubt, Your promise is true, and You are the Greatest of rulers.
  46. · He said, 'O Nuh; he is not of your family, No doubt, his work is not righteous, ask not of Me that of which you have no knowledge. I admonish you not to become ignorant.
  47. · Submitted he 'O my Lord I beg Your refuge from asking You that of which I have no knowledge. And if you forgive me not and have not mercy on me, then I shall be loser.
  48. · It was said. 'O Nuh; get down from the ark with peace from Us and with blessings on you and on some parties with you. And there are some parties whom We shall allow to enjoy in the world, then a painful torment will reach them.
  49. · These tidings of unseen, We reveal to you. Neither you did know nor your people be fore this. Then be patient. No, doubt there is good end for the duty-bound.
  50. · And towards Aad (sent) Hud a compatriot of their own. He said, 'O my people, worship Allah. You have no deity beside Him. You are but fabricators.
  51. · 'O my people, I ask not any wage for this, My wage is only on Him Who created me.' Have you then no wisdom?
  52. · And O my people! Beg forgiveness of your Lord, then turn to Him, He will send over you heavy rain and will add strength to your strength, and turn not away your faces committing crimes.
  53. · They said, 'O Hud you have not come to us having any proof, and we are not to leave our gods merely because of your saying, nor are we going to believe your words.
  54. · We say only that one of our gods has smitten you with evil. He said. 'I call Allah to witness and you all hear witness that I am quit of all those whom you associate with Him
  55. · Besides Allah. Devise against me you all together then respite me not.
  56. · I relied on Allah. my Lord and your Lord. There is no moving creature whose forelock is not under His control. No doubt! My Lord meets on straight path.
  57. · Then if you turn your faces, then I have already conveyed to you that with which I have been sent to you' and my Lord will bring others to take your place, and you cannot harm Him at all. No doubt my Lord has watch over every thing.
  58. · And when Our Command came, then We saved Hud and the Muslims with him, by showing Our mercy, and delivered them from severe torment.
  59. · And these are Aad. The denied the signs of their Lord and disobeyed His Messengers and followed the saying o' every contumacous haughty enemy.
  60. · And the curse stuck to them in the world and on the Day of Judgement. Listen. Aad rejected their Lord. Ho: Away with Aad the people of Hud.
  61. · And towards Thamud (We sent) Saleh a compatriot of their own. He said, 'O my people, worship Allah. You have no deity beside Him. He evolved you from the earth and caused you to live therein, then beg forgiveness of Him' then turn to Him. No doubt' my Lord is near. Responsive.'
  62. · They said' 'O Saleh. You looked promising amongst us before, 'Do you forbid us to worship what our fathers worshipped, and verily we are in a big deceitful doubt regarding that to which you call us.
  63. · He said, 'O my people! Tell me if I am on a clear proof from my Lord, and He has bestowed me mercy from Himself, then who will save me against Him, if I disobey Him; then you will increase me nothing save loss.
  64. · And O my people! This is she-camel of Allah, a sign for you. Then leave her, that she may eat in Allah's earth, and touch her not with evil lest a near torment reach you.
  65. · Then they hamstrung her then Saleh said, 'enjoy in your houses three days more. This is a promise that will not be falsified.
  66. · Then when Our Command came. We saved. Saleh and the Muslims with him showing Our mercy and from the humiliation of that day No doubt, your Lord is Mighty, Honorable.
  67. · And a roaring noise overtook the unjust, then in the morning; they remained lying crouched in their homes.
  68. · As though they had never dwelt therein. Listen, no doubt, Thamud denied their Lord, Ho; curse be on Thamud.
  69. · And no doubt, Our messengers came to Ibrahim with glad tidings. They said, 'Peace;' He said, 'Peace' then not being late, brought a calf roasted.
  70. · Then when he saw that their hands did not reach towards the food, he thought them strangers and began to fear of them in his heart. They said, 'fear not, we have been sent towards the people of Lut.
  71. · And his wife was standing by, she began to laugh, then We gave her the glad tiding of Ishaque and after Ishaque of Yaqub.
  72. · She said, 'Oh; Woe is me. Shall I bear a child' and I am old, and this is my husband, an old man? No doubt, this is strange thing.
  73. · The angels said Do you wonder at Allah's Command? The mercy of Allah and His blessings be upon you, O people of the house! No doubt, it is He Who is All Praise-Worthy, Honorable.
  74. · Then when the fear of Ibrahim disappeared, and he got glad-tidings, he began to dispute with Us about the people of Lut.
  75. · No doubt, Ibrahim is clement most tender hearted, penitent.
  76. · 'O Ibrahim! Do not plunge in this thought. No doubt, the Command of your Lord has come, and no doubt. The torment is to approach them that cannot be averted.
  77. · And when Our angels came to Lut, he was grieved of them and became sad on account of them, and said, 'this is a fierce day.'
  78. · And his people came running to him, and they were in the habit of doing evil deeds from before. He said, 'O people, these are daughters of my people, they are purer for you, then fear Allah. and do not disgrace 'me in the face of my guests. Is there not among you any man of good characters?
  79. · They said you know. That we have no right in the daughters of your people. And you surely know what we desire.
  80. · He said. "Had I strength against you or might take refuge in a strong pillar.
  81. · The angels said 'O Lut! We are messengers of your Lord, they cannot reach you then carry forth your family within night. And let none of you look back except y our wife. The same is to reach her too, what will reach them. No doubt, their promise is for the morning. Is the morning not nigh?
  82. · Then when Our Command came' We turned that town upside down and We rained upon it stones of baked clay continuously.
  83. · Which are with y our Lord marked. And those stones are not away from unjust people.
  84. · And towards Madian Shoaib a compatriot of their own. He said, 'O my people. Worship Allah, there is no deity beside Him. And diminish not the measure and the weight. No doubt, I see you prosperous, and I fear for you the torment of encircling day
  85. · And O my people! Fill up measure and weight with justice and do not give the people their things decreasing and do not roam in the earth spreading mischief.
  86. · And that which is left from the provision of Allah is better for you, if you believe, and I am not over you a guardian.
  87. · They said, 'O Shoaib, does your prayer bid you that we should abandon the gods of our fathers, or that we should not do with our riches whatever we will? Yes please, you are the only wise and up right.
  88. · He said, 'O my people. Tell me fairly, if I am on a clear proof from my Lord, and He gave me good provision from Himself. And I do not desire that I myself begin to do against that which I forbid you to do. I only desire to return as for as I can. And my succor is from Allah only. I relied only upon Him and I turn towards Him only.
  89. · And O my people! Let not your opposition to me makes you earn that which befell the people of Nuh, or the people of Hud or the people of Saleh. And the people of Lut are not far away from you.
  90. · And beg forgiveness of Allah, then turn towards Him. No doubt, my Lord is Merciful, Loving.
  91. · They said, 'O Shoaib, we do not understand most of your talks; and no doubt, we see you weak among us. And if there had been your tribe, we would have stoned you. And there is no respect for you in our eyes.'
  92. · He said, 'O my people! Is the pressure of my tribe over you is more than Allah? And you have cast Him behind your back. No doubt' whatever you do, is under the control of my Lord.
  93. · And O people! Continue your work at your places, I do my work. Soon you are to know on whom comes the torment that will disgrace him and who is liar. And wait, I also wait with you.
  94. · And when my Command came, We saved Shoaib and the Muslims with him by showing Our mercy. And the roaring noise overtook the unjust then they remained lying on their knees in their homes at morning.
  95. · s they had never dwelt there. Ho; Be away Madian just as Thamud were removed far away.
  96. · And verily, We sent Musa with Our signs and clear authority.
  97. · To Firawn and his courtiers' then they followed the command of Firawn. And the work of Firawn was not rightly directed.
  98. · He shall be before his people on the Day of Resurrection, and bring them down in the Hell. And what an evil place of watering to descent.
  99. · And the curse followed them in this world and on the Day of Resurrection. What is an evil reward, which they got.
  100. · These are the tidings of the towns that We relate to you; some of them are standing and some mown down.
  101. · And We wronged them not, but they did evil to themselves. Their deities, whom they used to worship beside Allah, availed them not, when the Command of your Lord came, and they increased them nothing save destruction.
  102. · And such is the seizing of your Lord, when He seizes the towns on their injustice. No doubt, His seizing is painful, severe.
  103. · No doubt, herein is a sign to him who fears the torment of Hereafter. That is a Day whereon all shall be gathered together and that is a Day of presence.
  104. · And We defer it not save for a counted period.
  105. · When that Day will come, no one will speak save by the leave of God. Then any one of them is unfortunate, and any one of them is fortunate.
  106. · Then those who are unfortunate, they are in the Hell, they will bray like ass.
  107. · They shall abide therein, so long as the heavens and earth abide, save as your Lord will. No doubt, your Lord accomplishes what He desires.
  108. · And those who are fortunate, they are in Heaven. They shall abide therein' so long as the heavens and earth abide, save, as your Lord will. this is the gift un-ending.
  109. · Then O listener! Be not in delusion concerning that which these infidels worship. They worship as their fathers used to worship before. And undoubtedly, We shall repay them their portion in full undiminished.
  110. · And no doubt, We gave Musa the Book, then they differed therein. And if a word of your Lord had not gone already before, the matter would have been decided between them. And no doubt, they are in a deceptive doubt about it.
  111. · And no doubt, to each of them in all your Lord will repay their works in full. He is aware of their doings.
  112. · Then remain you firm as you have been commanded and whoever has repented with you; and O people! Do not be arrogant. No doubt He is seeing your works.
  113. · And do not lean towards wrong doers, lest the Fire Should touch you, and you have no supporter besides Allah, then you will not be helped.
  114. · And establish prayer at the two ends of the day and in parts of the night. No doubt, good deeds obliterate evil deeds. This is admonition for the persons accepting admonition.
  115. · And be patient, Allah wastes not the reward of the righteous
  116. · Then why there were not among generations before you persons possessing some virtue who would have forbidden mischief in the earth, Yes there were few of them whom We delivered'? And the unjust remained behind the same luxury that was given to them, and they were sinners
  117. · And your Lord is not such that He would destroy towns without any reason. While its people be good.
  118. · And if your Lord had willed He would have made all! Mankind one nation, and they will always remain differing.
  119. · Save those on whom your Lord has mercy, and for this has He created them. And the word of your Lord has been fulfilled. No doubt' I will fill hell with the jinn and mankind together.
  120. · And all that We relate to you of the tidings of the messengers is for the purpose of strengthening your heart therewith? And in this Sura the truth has come to you and admonition to the Muslims.
  121. · And say you to the infidels, 'continue working on your places' and we do our work.
  122. · And wait. Lo! We (too) are waiting.

123. · And to Allah belong the unseen of the heavens and the earth and towards Him is the return of the whole affairs, then worship Him and rely upon Him. And your Lord is not heedless of what you do.

Surah Yusuf

  1. · Alif-Lam-Ra. These are the verses of a Book luminous.
  2. · No doubt, We have sent it down as an Arabic Quran so that you may understand.
  3. · We relate to you the best narration, in that We revealed to you this Quran, though no doubt, you had no knowledge before.
  4. · Recall when Yusuf (Joseph) said to his father, 'O my father, I saw eleven stars and the sun and the moon: I saw them prostrating for me.
  5. · He said, O my son! Relate not your dream to your brothers, that they will devise any scheme against you. No doubt, Satan ( The devil ) is the clear enemy of man.
  6. · And thus your lord Will select you. and teach you to draw conclusion of the discourses. and perfect His blessings upon you and upon the house of Yaqoob (Jacob) as He perfected it formerly on Ishaque (Isaac). No doubt your Lord is knowing Wise
  7. · No doubt. In Yusuf and his brethren there are signs for the inquirers.
  8. · When they said surely Yusuf and his brother are dearer to our father than we and we are a party. No doubt. Our father is clearly absorbed in their love.
  9. · Kill Yusuf or cast him forth into some land so that your father's face may only remain towards you. And thereafter be righteous.
  10. · One of them said. 'Kill not Yusuf, and cast him into a dark well that any traveler may take him away if you are to do.'
  11. · They said, 'O Our father! What happened to you that you are not trusting us regarding Yusuf, and we are his well wishers.
  12. · Send him forth with us tomorrow that he may eat fruits and play, and no doubt, we are his watchmen.
  13. · He said, 'It will grieve me that you should take him away, and I fear that wolf may eat him while you remain unaware of him.'
  14. · They said, if the wolf eats him, and we are a party then we are of no use.'
  15. · Then when they took him away, and all agreed that he should be put in a dark well, and We revealed to him that necessarily you shall inform them of this doing while they shall not be knowing.
  16. · And at night they came to their father weeping.
  17. · They said, 'O our father! we went away racing, and left Yusuf near our provisions, then the wolf ate him, and you would not believe us, though we may be true.
  18. · And they brought his shirt stained with false blood. He said, 'Your hearts have made a thing for you, then patience is good; and I seek help only from Allah against what you describe.
  19. · And there came a Caravan, they sent their water carrier he then let down his bucket. He Said, 'Hurrah'; what a good news, this is a boy,' and concealed him as a treasure And Allah knows what they do.
  20. · And the brothers sold him for a mean price on a counted Durham, and they had no inclination in him.
  21. · And the man of Egypt who bought him said to his wife, 'keep him honorably, perchance he may profit us, or we may take him as son. And thus We established Yusuf in the land and in order that We may teach him to draw conclusions of the discourses. And Allah is Dominant over His affairs, but most men know not.
  22. · And when he reached to his full strength, We bestowed him wisdom and knowledge. And thus We recompense the righteous.
  23. · And she, in whose house he was, allured him lest he may control his self. And bolted all the doors, and she said, 'Comes I say to you.' He said, 'Allah be my refuge that Aziz is my lord that is to say nourisher. He has kept me very well. No doubt, the unjust never prosper.
  24. · And no doubt, the woman desired him, and he would also have desired her, if he had seen the proof of his Lord. Thus We did, in order that We might avert from him evil and indecency. No doubt, he is of my selected bondmen.
  25. · And both ran towards the door, and the woman tore his shirt from behind, and both met the husband of the woman near the door. She said 'what is the punishment of him who desired evil with your wife, but that he should be imprisoned or a painful chastisement?'
  26. · He said, 'she allured me lest I may protect myself and a witness of the household of the woman bore witness, if his shirt is torn from before, then the woman is true and he is a liar.
  27. · And if his shirt is torn from behind, then the woman is a liar and he is truthful.
  28. · Then when Aziz saw his shirt torn from behind, he said 'no doubt, this is the device of you women.' No doubt' your device is great.
  29. · 'O Yusuf, do not think of it. And O woman! Ask forgiveness of your sin. No doubt. You are one of the sinners.
  30. · And certain women in the city said, 'The wife of Aziz allures the hearts of her young boy. No doubt, his love has deepened in her heart. We find her infatuated with love openly.
  31. · Then when Zalikha heard their whispering then she sent for them and prepared for them cushioned couches, and gave to each of them a knife, and said to Yusuf, 'Come forth to them.' And when the women saw Yusuf, they began to speak of his greatness, and cut their, hands and said 'Holy is Allah,' he is not a mankind, he is not but a noble angel.
  32. · Zalikha said, 'then this is he about whom you used to reproach me, and no doubt, I desired to allure his heart' then he preserved himself. And no doubt, if he will not do what I say to him, then necessarily he will be put in prison and surely he shall bear insult.
  33. · Yusuf said, 'O my Lord, prison is dearer to me than the work to which she calls me. And if you shall not turn their guile from me, then I shall incline towards them and will be ignorant.
  34. · Then his Lord heard his prayer, and turned the guile of the women from him. No doubt, He Hears, Knows.
  35. · Then even after seeing all signs, the same previous thought came to their mind that they should put him in prison for a period.
  36. · And two young men entered the prison with him. One of them said, 'I dreamed that I press wine' and the other said, 'I dreamed that there are some breads on my head whereof the birds are eating. Tell us its interpretation. No doubt, we see you righteous.
  37. · Yusuf said, 'the food which you use to get, will not come to you, but I shall tell you the interpretation thereof before it comes to you, this is of those knowledges which my Lord has taught me. No doubt, I did not concede to the religion of the people who do not believe in Allah and they are the rejecters of the Hereafter.
  38. · And I followed the religion of my fathers Ibrahim and Ishaque and Yaqub. It is not for us to associate anything with Allah. That is a grace of Allah upon mankind and us but most men thank not.
  39. · 'O my two fellow prisoners; are separate Lords better or Allah the One Omnipotent?
  40. · You worship not besides Him but only names which you and your fathers have carved out. Allah has sent down no authority for them. There is no judgement but of Allah. He commanded not to worship anyone besides Him. This is the right religion, but most men know not.
  41. · 'O my two fellow prisoners! As for one of you he will serve wine for drink to his lord (King), and as for the other, he will be crucified, and the birds will eat of his head. The matter about which you inquired has been decreed.
  42. · And Yusuf said to one whom he considered would be saved of the two, 'mention me before your lord, then Satan (The evil) made him forget to mention him to his lord then Yusuf continued in the prison for several years more.
  43. · And the King said, 'I saw in a dream seven fat cows that they are being eaten by seven lean cows, and seven green ears and seven others dry. O courtiers! Answer to my dream if you know interpretation of the dreams.'
  44. · They said, 'these are confused dreams, and we know not the interpretation of dreams.'
  45. · And the one who was saved of the two said when he remembered after a long time, 'I will tell you its interpretation, send me forth.'
  46. · 'O Yusuf! O man of truth! Give us interpretation regarding seven fat cows which are being eaten by seven lean ones and seven green ears and the other seven dry; perchance, I may return to the people, perchance they learn.
  47. · He said. 'You will do cultivation for seven continuous years, then what you reap, leave it in its ear, but a little which you may eat.
  48. · Then after it there shall come seven hard years, that shall eat up what you had stored up for them before, but a little which you may save.
  49. · Then thereafter there shall come a year wherein people will have rain and in which they will press juice
  50. · And the king said, 'bring him to me, then when the messenger came to him, he said, 'return to your lord, then ask him, 'what about the women who had cut their hands? No doubt my Lord knows their guile.
  51. · The King said 'O women' what business you had when you desired to allure the heart of Yusuf. They said. 'Holy is Allah, we did not find any evil in him. The wife of Aziz said, 'now the reality is discovered, I desired to allure his heart and no doubt, he is truthful.
  52. · Yusuf said, 'I have done this because Aziz should know that I betrayed him not behind his back, and Allah allows not the guile of betrayers.
  53. · And I do not hold my soul free from sin' no doubt the soul is wont to command evil but that on whom my Lord has mercy. No doubt, my Lord is Forgiving' Merciful.
  54. · The King said, bring him to me that I may choose him especially for myself. Then, when he talked to him said 'certainly today, you are a man dignified, trusted with us.
  55. · Yusuf said, 'set me over the treasures of earth. No doubt, I am watchful, knowing.
  56. · And thus We gave control to Yusuf over this land wherein he might live wherever he wished. We cause Our mercy to reach whom We please, and We waste not the reward of the righteous.
  57. · And surely the reward of the Hereafter is better for those who believed and remained duty-bound.
  58. · And the brethren of Yusuf, came, then appeared before him and Yusuf recognised them but they remained unaware of him.
  59. · And when he got ready their baggage, he said, 'bring your stepbrother to me, do you not see that I give full measure and I am the best host.
  60. · But if you bring him not to me, then there is not measure for you with me and approach me not.
  61. · They said, we shall desire him from his father, and we are certainly to do it.
  62. · And Yusuf said to his servants 'put their capital in their saddlebags, haply they may recognize it when they go back to their home, per-chance they may return.
  63. · Then when they returned to their father, they said, 'O our father, the food-grain has been denied to us, so send with us our brother that we may bring food-grain and we shall surely safeguard him.
  64. · He said, 'May I trust you about him likewise I trusted you before about his brother.' Then Allah is the best Guard He is the Most Merciful of the merciful.
  65. · And when they opened their goods, they found their capital returned to them. They said, 'O Our father, now what more should we desire? Here is our capital that has been returned to us, and we shall bring food-grain for our family and we shall guard our brother, and we shall find an extra camel load. This offering is nothing before a King.
  66. · He said, 'I will never send him with you, until you give me this solemn pledge of Allah that you will be surely bring him back, but that you may be encompassed' Then when they gave Yaqub solemn pledge, he said, 'Allah is responsible over what we say.'
  67. · And said he, 'O my sons, enter not by one door, but enter you by separate gates. I cannot save you against Allah All decisions belong to Allah I relied on Him, and let the relying rely on Him.
  68. · And when they entered after the manner their father had commanded, it could not save them against Allah, yes there was a desire in the heart of Yaqub which he fulfilled. And verily, he is the man of knowledge by Our teaching, but most men know not.
  69. · And they went to Yusuf. He gave his brother a place near himself, he said' 'believe, I am your brother therefore be not grieved of whatever they do.'
  70. · Then when he made ready their baggage, he put the drinking cup in the saddlebag of his brother. Thereafter a Crier cried. 'O men of Caravan, no doubt. You are thieves.'
  71. · They said, and turned to them, 'what it is that you find not.
  72. · hey said, 'we do not find the king' measuring cup. And whosoever will bring it. He shall have a camel's load and I am his guarantor.
  73. · They said. 'By God, you are well aware that we came not for creating mischief in the land, nor we are thieves.
  74. · They said. 'What is the penalty of him, if you be liars?
  75. · They said, 'its penalty is, that he in whose baggage it is found, be himself the servant in recompense. Thus is the punishment of the unjust at our place.
  76. · Then first he began the search of their bags before the bag of his brother; then he took it out from the bag of his brother. We taught Yusuf thus to plan. He could not take his brother under the King's Law but this that Allah willed. We exalt in degrees whomsoever We please. And above every man of knowledge there is One of More Knowledge.
  77. · The brothers said, 'if he commits theft, then no doubt his brother has already committed theft before, then Yusuf kept this thing secret in his heart and did not disclose it to them. He said within himself, 'you are at worse place, and Allah knows well what you fabricate.
  78. · They said, 'O Aziz, he has a father, aged and advanced in years, so take one of us in his place. No doubt we are seeing your favours.
  79. · He said, 'be refuge of Allah that we should take any other but him with whom we found our goods then we shall surely be unjust.
  80. · Then when they were disappointed of him they began conferring going apart. His elder brother said, 'do you not remember that your father had taken a solemn pledge of Allah from you, and before this how you committed mistake regarding Yusuf? Then I shall not move from this place until my father permits or Allah commands me and His command is best.
  81. · Return you all to your father, and say, 'O our father verily your son has committed theft, and we had become witnesses to this much what we had in our knowledge, and we were not guardians over the unseen.
  82. · And Enquirer of the town wherein we were and the Caravan in which we came. And no doubt, we are truthful.
  83. · He said, 'your souls have made for you some excuse. Then patience is good. It is near that Allah may bring them all to me. No doubt, it is He the Knowing the Wise.
  84. · And he turned away his face from him and said, 'Ah, woe on the separation of Yusuf, and his eyes were whitened with grief and he suppressed his anger.
  85. · They said, 'By-God, you shall ever continue to remember Yusuf until you approach grave or pass away with your life.
  86. · He said, 'I cry out for assistance in my anguish and sorrow unto Allah, and I know those glories of Allah which you know not.
  87. · 'O my sons! Go and search for Yusuf and his brother and despair not of Allah's mercy. No doubt, none despair of the mercy of Allah but a people disbelieving.
  88. · Then when they reached Yusuf, they said, 'O Aziz, distress has reached us and our family, and we have come with worthless capital, then you give us full measure and be charitable to us. No doubt, Allah rewards the charitable.
  89. · He said, 'Are you aware what you did with Yusuf and his brother, when you were ignorant.
  90. · They said, 'Are you really Yusuf,' He said, 'I am Yusuf and this is my brother No doubt, Allah has favoured us. Verily whosoever refrains and be patient, then Allah wastes not the reward of the righteous.
  91. · They said, 'By God, surely Allah has preferred you above us, and no doubt, we had been sinners.
  92. · He said, 'there is no reproach today upon you. May Allah forgive you. And He is the Most Merciful of the merciful.
  93. · Go with this shirt of mine, put it on my father's face' he shall recover his sight. And bring all your family together.
  94. · When the Caravan departed from Egypt, their father here said, 'no doubt, I find the scent of Yusuf, if you say me not that he is doted.
  95. · The sons said, 'By Allah, you are infatuated with the same old love.
  96. · Then when the bearer of lad-tidings came' he laid that shirt on the face of Yaqub, forthwith his sight came back. He said, 'did I not say to you hat I know those glories of Allah which you know not.
  97. · They said, 'O our father, beg forgiveness of our sins, no doubt, we are sinful.
  98. · He said, 'soon I shall beg my Lord to forgive you.' He is the Forgiving, the Merciful.
  99. · Then when they all reached Yusuf, he offered a place near him to his father and, mother and said. 'Enter' Egypt if Allah will with security.
  100. · And he seated his father and mother on the throne, and all fell down prostrate for him, and Yusuf said, 'O my father, this is the interpretation of-my first vision. Verily my Lord has made it true. And no doubt, He favoured me that He brought forth me from the prison, and brought you all from the village after Satan had created dissension between my brothers and me. Surely my Lord makes easy any thing He pleases. Verily He is the knowing, Wise.
  101. · 'O my Lord! Verily You have bestowed me a Kingdom and taught me to draw conclusion of some discourses. O Creater of heavens and earth, You are my Helper in this world and the Hereafter. Make me die as Muslim and join me with those who are worthy to be very close to You.
  102. · These are some tidings of Unseen, which We reveal to you. And you were not with them, when they agreed upon their plan, and they were devising.
  103. · And most men will not believe; though you eagerly desire it.
  104. · And you do not ask any wage for it; it is not but admonition to the whole world.
  105. · And how many a sign there is in the heavens and earth that most men pass by them and are unaware of them.
  106. · And most of them believe not in Allah but as associators.
  107. · Have they become fearless from this that they maybe encompassed by the torment of Allah or the sudden coming of the Hour upon them while they are unaware?
  108. · Say you, 'This is my way; I call towards Allah. I and those who follow my footsteps have insight. And Holy is Allah: and I am not an associators.
  109. · And all those who were sent as messengers before you were men, whom We revealed, and all were residents of the cities. Have they not journeyed in the land, that they may see, what became the end of those before them? And no doubt, the abode of the Hereafter is better for the duty-bound. Have you not then wisdom?
  110. · And so much so, when the messengers had no hope of outer causes and the people thought that the messengers had given them wrong information at that time, Our help came, then whomsoever We willed was rescued. And Our torments cannot be averted from the sinful people.

111. · No doubt, the eyes of the wise men are opened by their tidings. It is not a discourse concocted, but a confirmation of what went before and a detail explanation of every thing, and guidance and a mercy for the Muslims

Surah Ar-Ra'd

  1. · Alif-Lam Mim Ra. These are the verses of the Book, and that which has been sent from your Lord is the truth, but most men believe not.
  2. · Allah is He who raised up the heavens without the pillars that you can see, and then He settled Himself on the throne as is befitting to His Dignity and made the sun and the moon subservient. Each one runs to a term stated. Allah plans the work and details the signs so that you may believe the meeting with your Lord.
  3. · And it is He who stretched the earth and made therein anchors and rivers, and He made two kinds of every fruit in the earth. He covers the night with the day. No doubt in that are signs for a people who reflect.
  4. · And there are different regions adjoining each other, and there are gardens of grapes and are corn fields and palm trees growing from one base and separately, all are watered with one water and in fruits, We make one to excel the other. No doubt, in that are signs for wise people.
  5. · And if you wonder, then wondrous indeed is their saying that shall we be made a-new after being dust? Those are they who denied their Lord, and those are they who will have shackles round their necks. And those are the people of Hell wherein they shall abide.
  6. · And they ask you for hastening the torment before mercy and the punishment of those before them have already occurred. And verily your Lord awards forgiveness even on the injustices of the people. And no doubt, the torment of your Lord is severe.
  7. · And the infidels say, 'why has not a sign been sent down upon him from his Lord. You are only a warner and a guide to every people.
  8. · Allah knows whatever is in the womb of any female and whatever the wombs diminish and whatever they increase. And everything with Him is with proper estimate.
  9. · Knower of every hidden and open, The Greatest, The Exalted.
  10. · All are alike, one who among you conceals his talks and one who utters openly, and one who hides himself in the night and one who walks by day.
  11. · For man there are angels in succession before and behind him that they watch him by Allah's command, verily Allah alters not His blessing from any people until they themselves alter their condition. And when Allah desires evil to a people, then it cannot be turned back, and besides Him they have no supporter.
  12. · It is He Who shows you the lightning for fear and hope and raises the heavy clouds.
  13. · And the thunder praising Him proclaims His Holiness and the messengers with His awe, and sends thunder-bolts then smites therewith whom. He wills while they are disputing about Allah. And His grip is severe.
  14. · Calling to Him alone is true, and those whom they call upon beside Him, hear them not at all, but like him ' who is sitting stretching his hands before the water that it may reach his mouth, and it will never reach it. And every prayer of the infidels loses its way.
  15. · And to Allah alone prostrates as many there are in the. Heavens and earth willingly or unwillingly and their shadows too every morning and evening. [^] (SAJDA) 2.
  16. · Say you, 'who is the Lord of the heavens and the earth. Say yourself, ''Allah'. Say you, 'Have you then made supporters beside Allah, who can neither do good or evil even to themselves? Say you; will the blind and the seeing be equaled? Or will the darkness and the light be equaled? "Or have they setup such associates with Allah who have made something as Allah has made, then the making of Him and of theirs looked similar to them'' Say you, 'Allah alone is the Creator of everything and He is the One' Dominant over all.'
  17. · He sent down water from the sky. then the channels flow according to its capacity, then the flux of water carried with it the swelling foam, and from that over which they kindle a fire for making ornaments or other goods arises foams similar to it. Thus Allah illustrates truth and false hood. Then the foam is blown up and that which benefits mankind remains in the earth. Thus Allah illustrates the examples.
  18. · For those who obeyed the commands of their Lord, there is good. And as for those who obeyed not His commands. If they had all that is in the earth, and the more like of it would have been in their possession, then they would have offered it for their ransom. These are they who will have an evil reckoning, and their abode is Hell. And what an evil place of rest.
  19. · Shall he then who knows that what has been sent to you from your Lord is truth be like him who is blind? Only those who have wisdom accept admonition.
  20. · Those who fulfil the convenant of Allah, and turn not after entering into a convenant.
  21. · And those who join what Allah has commanded to join, and fear their Lord and dread the evil reckoning.
  22. · And those who kept patience for seeking the pleasure of their Lord, and kept up the prayer, and spent out of what We have provided them in Our path secretly and openly, and drive away evil by means of goodness. For them is the profit of the last abode.
  23. · Gardens for habitation in which they will enter, and those who are righteous from among their fathers, and wives and offspring and angels shall enter unto them from every door, saying;
  24. · 'Peace be upon you for your patience,' what an excellent last abode then you got.'
  25. · And those who break the covenant of Allah after confirming it, and cut asunder what Allah has commanded to join, and spread mischief in the earth, their share is only curse and theirs the evil abode.
  26. · Allah increases the provision for whom He will and also He straitens, and the infidels were strut with the life of the world. And the life of the world is nothing in comparison to the life of the Hereafter but to pull on for some days.
  27. · And the infidels say, 'why is not a sign from His Lord sent down to him.' Say you, 'Allah leads astray whomsoever He will, and guides towards Him one who turns to Him.
  28. · They are those who have believed and their hearts find satisfaction with the remembrance of Allah. Behold, in the remembrance of Allah alone there is the satisfaction of hearts.
  29. · Those who believed and performed- good deeds for them is the bliss and good end.
  30. · Thus We have sent you to a people before whom other peoples have passed in order that you may recite to them what We have revealed to you, and they are rejecting the Most Affectionate, Say you, He is my Lord, none is to be worshiped beside Him. I relied upon Him alone and to Him do I return.'
  31. · If there would have come a Quran by which mountains could be moved or the earth could be cut asunder or the dead could have spoken to, even then too these infidels would not have believed but the entire affair is under the authority of Allah. Did then the Muslims not become disappointed with it that if Allah had willed, He would have guided men all together? And the thump will ever continue to smite the infidels for what they wrought or it will alight near their houses, until Allah's promise comes. Verily Allah does not do against His promise.
  32. · And surely, the messengers before you were mocked at, then I let loose the infidels for some days' then I seized them. Then how was My torment.
  33. · Is then He Who watches every soul with his actions?, and yet they ascribe to Allah associates. Say you, 'name them.' Or do you inform Him of what is not in His knowledge in the entire earth. or by the - way an empty saying? Rather their fraud has been made to look good in the eyes of the infidels, and they have been hindered from the way. And he whom Allah leads astray, has no guide.
  34. · They shall be punished in the life of the world, and verily the torment of the Hereafter is hardest. And they have none to defend from Allah.
  35. · The likeness of the Heaven, which has been, promised to the God-fearing, beneath it streams flow. Its fruits are everlasting and its shade. This is the end of those who fear Allah, and the end of the infidels is the Fire.
  36. · And those to whom We have given the Book rejoice at what has been sent to you, and of those groups there are some who deny a part thereof. Say you, 'I am only commanded to worship Allah and not to ascribe associate to Him. To Him I call, and to Him is my return.
  37. · And thus We have sent it down as a decision in Arabic. And O' listener! if you will follow their desires after what has come to you of knowledge, then you shall have no supporter nor defender against Allah.
  38. · And no doubt, We have sent messengers before you, and assigned to them wives and children. And it is not for a messenger to bring any sign, but by Allah's leave. For each promise there is writing.
  39. · Allah wipes out what He pleases and establishes (what He pleases) and the real writing is with Him.
  40. · And if We show you any promise that is made to them, or We call you to Us before, in any case upon you is only to deliver the message, and on Us is the reckoning.
  41. · Do they not see that We are coming diminishing their population from all sides. And Allah commands, there is none to put back His command, and He is swift in reckoning
  42. · And those before them have already plotted, but the entire secret plans belong to Allah. He knows what every soul earns. And the infidels are soon to know, who gets the last abode.

43. · And the infidels say, you are not a messenger.' Say you, 'Allah is sufficient as witness between you and me, and he who has knowledge of the Book.'

No comments: