Thursday, July 12, 2007

Friendship, Brotherhood and Good Relations with Others

Friendship, Brotherhood and Good Relations with Others

Previous Editions

kafroon_sae_ dosti...( Muslim & Non Muslim Friendship)

About this subject, the Prophet (sas) said:

From Abu Huraira who said that the Prophet (sas) said, "You will not
enter Paradise until you believe and you will not believe until you
love one another. Should I not direct you to something which, if
you do it, you will love one another? Spread the salaam amongst
yourselves. (Muslim)
From Abu Huraira who said that the Prophet (sas) said, "I have only
been sent to complete the aspects of good character."
From Ali ibn Abi Talib from Allah's Messenger (sas) that when he
stood prayer he (sas) would say, "I direct my face to the One who
created the heavens and the earth as a monotheist and I am not one
of the mushrikeen. Verily my prayers, my sacrifices, my life and my
death are for Allah, Lord of the worlds who has not partner. With
this I have been commanded and I am the first to submit. O Allah,
you are the sovereign there is no deity other than you. You are my
Lord and I am Your slave. I have oppressed myself and I acknowledge
my sin so forgive me all of my sins. No one can forgive sins but
You. And guide me to the best of character. No one can guide to the
best of it but You. And keep away from me the worst of it. No one
can keep the worst of it away form me but You. Labbaik (complete and
continuous submission toYou) and Sa'adaik (complete and continuous
effort in Your cause). All good is in Your hands and evil is not
unto you. I am from you and unto You, blessed are You and high. I
seek Your forgiveness and turn to You in repentence." (Muslim)

KNOW that community is the fruit of good character and division
comes from bad character. Because good character fosters love and
agreement while bad character leads to hatred and division. It is no
secret the level of emphasis which Allah and His Messenger placed on
good character as can be seen from so many verses and hadith. The
Prophet (sas) said:

From Abi Ad-Dardaa that the Prophet (sas) said, "There is nothing
weightier in the scale of the believer on Qiyama then good character
and verily Allah hates the one who is uncouth in deed, uncouth in
word."
From Jabir that Allah's Messenger (sas) said, "Among themost beloved
to me and the ones sitting closest to me on Qiyama are the best of
you in character. And the most hated to me and the farthest from me
in sitting on Qiyama are ath-tharthaaroon, al-mutashaddiqoon and al-
mutafaihiqoon. " They said, O Messenger of Allah, we know the first
two, but who are al-mutafaihiqoon? He (sas) said, "The arrogant
ones."
* Aath-tharthaaroon: those who engage in much talk unnecessarily
* Al-mutashaddiqoon: those who talk loudly or in an exaggerated
fashion in order to show off their eloquence without restraint or
caution in what they say.
* Al-mutafaihiqoon: "loud mouths" who speak in arrogance and
ostentation.

The Prophet (sas) was once asked what is the thing which gets people
into Paradise the most, to which he (sas) answered: "Fear of Allah
and good character.

Love for Allah's Sake
The Prophet (sas) said:

Seven will be shaded by Allah in His shade on a day when there is no
shade except His shade: 1) a just ruler, 2) a young man who grew up
worshipping his Lord, 3) a man whose heart is attached to the
masajid, 4) two men who loved one another for Allah - they came
together on that basis and they parted on that basis, 5) a man who
was called by a beautiful and classy woman but who said, "I fear
Allah", 6) a man who gave charity so will concealed that his left
hand did not know what his right hand was spending and 7) a man who
remembered Allah when no one was around and his eyes flowed with
tears.

"Allah Most High said: My love is mandatory for those who love one
another for My sake, those who sit together for My sake, those who
visit one another for My sake and those who rush to give and
sacrifice for one another for My sake."
Verily, the centermost handhold of belief is that you love for
Allah's sake and hate for Allah's sake.

KNOW that whoever loves for Allah's sake must also hate for Allah's
sake. For if you love someone for his obedience to Allah but he then
disobeys Allah you then hate him likewise for Allah. Anyone who
loves because of a factor (obedience to Allah) must of necessity
hate for the presence of its opposite. As for one in whom these
different factors come together, you love him in some ways and hate
him in others.

Disbeliever.

No comments: